Interpretation & Application
In these terms and conditions (the “Conditions”) “We”, “Us” or “Our” means Drive Smart, Drive Smart Peterborough or drivesmartpeterborough.co.uk. “You”, “Your” or “The Client” means you the customer or learner.
You are encouraged to read these Conditions in full as they set out the complete terms & conditions under which we have agreed to provide and under which you have agreed to obtain driving lesson tuition from Us.
Engagement of our services implies you have read & understood their content and how it will govern any transactional relationship between us.
Your Driving Instructor is an Approved Driving Instructor and has obtained and holds all such licences from the Driving Standards Agency as required by law to enable them to operate in such a capacity.
The Client’s Responsibility
• Aged 17 or over or aged 16 or over if in receipt of the higher rate element of the Disability Living Allowance mobility component); and
• Hold a valid UK provisional driving licence.
• Legally entitled to drive in the UK.
• The Client is responsible for any traffic violations whilst they are in charge of the vehicle (to include fines or points).
• The Client must inform the driving instructor if they commit any driving offence liable to result in court attendance or endorsements.
• You will treat Your Instructor with respect and follow Your Instructor’s reasonable instructions, particularly with regard to matters affecting Your health and safety or the health and safety of others.
• You must inform the driving instructor of any disability or injury they may have whether temporary or permanent which may affect their ability to drive.
• You must not present yourself for a lesson under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
• You must inform the Driving Instructor if you feel unwell in any way before or during a lesson.
• In the interests of safety The Client must wear suitable footwear and clothing that does not restrict movement during lessons.
Driving Instructor’s Responsibility
• Provide You with lesson tuition at the hourly rate advertised – in print or on the drivesmartpeterborough.co.uk web site.
• Monitor Your progress, advise and recommend what is, in their opinion, the appropriate time to book Your mock practical test. Or arrange a mock practical with another instructor if necessary to insure a unbiased opinion. and once it has been agreed between you both, apply for Your practical driving test and where required, they will advise whether it should be subsequently rescheduled
• Honour the full time booked for each lesson. Eg 1 hour driving lesson would include an introduction, recap of previous driving lesson (2-4 min) objectives for the current lesson (1-2 min) practical training and a debrief at the end of Your lesson (1-5 min)
• At all times conduct themselves in a professional manner including;
1. being courteous and considerate to You
2. avoiding physical contact except in an emergency
3. not smoking during Your lessons
4. restricting mobile phone use to emergencies or for Your benefit
• Reserve the right to cancel a lesson or finish a lesson early on grounds of road safety
• Endeavour to be on time at the agreed pick-up point and be available for the full duration of the lesson booking, subject to any circumstances beyond their control
• Respond professionally to any worries or issues that You may have and try to resolve them to Your satisfaction
• Your instructor will wait for 10 minutes from the start time of the lesson. Beyond this time the lesson will be deemed to have been cancelled and the fee for the entire period of the booking is payable.
• Your driving instructor has the right to terminate the lesson at any stage if he feels that it is inappropriate to continue by reason of The Client’s behaviour, sobriety or state of mind. In these circumstances the lesson fee is forfeit and it is at the instructors discretion if he or she provides further transport for The Client.
Booking a Practical Test
• Your Instructor will advise you of the appropriate time to apply for a driving test. The advice will be based on the client’s progress to date and the current waiting time for test appointments. It does not imply that The Client has reached the necessary standard or that the standard will be reached by the appointed test date.
• Any practical test booked without your driving instructors consent is your personal responsibility and the instructor shall not be held liable to any financial loss that may occur.
• Your Instructor will advise you if become necessary to postpone your driving test. This condition will avoid expense and unnecessary failure and the delay in waiting for additional tests.
• Clients should note that where lessons, tuition, or vehicle hire are cancelled at short notice, because of a cancellation by the DVSA all fees are payable. It may be possible to claim some of the lost fees from the DVSA.
• Clients may be accompanied on their lesson by a supervising examiner from the DVSA, whose job is to ensure that the tuition given meets the required standard. This is a legal requirement and is in the public interest.
• You must ensure that they have all the required documents with them for the driving test. Failure to comply with this condition will mean the examiner will cancel the test and the test, and lesson fees will be forfeit.
Lesson Cancellation Policy
If You wish to cancel a lesson a minimum of 24 hours prior notice should be given.
We reserve the right to change the price of all our lessons from time to time.
The cost of prepaid tuition is based on the lesson price in force at the time of booking and will be honoured for 6 months thereafter irrespective of any price increase that may occur between the date of booking and when the lessons are taken.
Non-Block Booked Tuition
The price of lessons that have not been pre-paid may be changed at any time. You will receive prior notice of any price increases.
Special Offers & Promotion Offers
From time to time Drive Smart has a great range of offers and discounts to new and existing learner pupils . Drive Smart reserves the right to introduce (and to withdraw) special offers from time to time.
Introductory offers are only available to new learner pupils, cannot be used in conjunction with other offers and are not transferable.
You are entitled to cancel your prepaid tuition at any time. If you have not taken any lesson(s) at the time of cancellation you will be entitled to a full refund of any amounts paid to your instructor.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller in relation to the information You supply is Drive Smart, 18 Maple Grove, Peterborough PE1 4PD.
See our Privacy & Cookies Policy page for full disclosure.
In the rare event of any problem arising, you should resolve this with your Drive Smart Instructor immediately. We recommend no further lessons are taken until the matter is resolved.
If You have any concerns or complaints about any part of Your driving tuition which cannot be resolved with Your Drive Smart Instructor please contact the Customer Service Centre at the DVSA.
In the unlikely event that you are unable to reach a satisfactory conclusion You should follow the Complaints Procedure above and contact the DVSA.
Terms Conditions | 2015